What Causes Tinnitus?
- Exposure to excessive loud noise
- Extreme stress or trauma
- Age-related hearing loss
- Some prescription and non-prescription medication
- The most occuring symptom of tinnitus is a constant, high-pitched ringing in the ears.
- Although the noise may also present itself as a buzzing in ears, a whooshing sound, cicada-like noises or waves.
- Working conditions which expose you to prolonged periods of noise e.g. working with heavy machinery and power tools, may cause tinnitus symptoms.
- Increasing age, resulting in previously established, age-related hearing loss issues or other forms of hearing loss will increase your chances of tinnitus symptoms.
- Listening to loud music in headphones and attending concerts frequently contribute to your probability of developing tinnitus.